Department of Medical Sciences The Ministry of Public Health and the Health Promotion Foundation (Thai Health Promotion Foundation) recommend methods for washing fruits and vegetables. and how to choose meat to use in cooking during the Chinese New Year festival to be safe for the body
Dr. Suphakit Sirilak, Director-General of the Department of Medical Sciences, said that the Chinese New Year festival It is considered an important festival for Thai-Chinese people. It is a time to worship the gods and ancestors. Preparations are being made to purchase food ingredients, vegetables, and fruits that have auspicious meanings. Fruits with auspicious meanings such as oranges, grapes, apples, pears, and bananas are popular during this festival. But one thing that should be taken into account is the pesticides that may be left on these auspicious fruits.
Data on the examination of the 5 types of fruit samples above in 2020-2021, collected from distribution sources in various regions throughout the country, totaling 298 samples, analyzed using advanced equipment with LC-MS/MS and GC-MS/MS techniques to detect substances. Residues of 132 types of chemical pesticides. Test results are as follows โปรโมชั่น ufabet
- Oranges , 91 samples, residues were found in 71 samples, accounting for 78 percent. Substances detected included chlorpyrifos, prophenophos, cypermethrin. and carbendazim
- Of 79 grape samples, residues were found in 36 samples, accounting for 46 percent. Substances detected included methomyl pyrimethanil, chlorphenapur. and metalaxil
- Of the 77 apple samples, residues were found in 20 samples, accounting for 26 percent. Substances detected included chlorpyrifos and cypermethrin. lambda-cyhalothrin, cyfluthrin, and pyrimethanil
- Of the 37 samples of pears , residues were found in 16 samples, accounting for 43 percent. Substances detected included chlorpyrifos, lambda-cyhalothrin, bifenthrin, carbendazim, and buprofe. Sin
- Of the 14 banana samples, residues were found in 3 samples, accounting for 21 percent. The substance detected was chlorpyrifos.
From the detection of such pesticide residues. Department of Medical Sciences This detection information has been communicated. to responsible agencies To continue operations in the field of consumer protection
How to wash fruits and vegetables to leave residue free
- Before eating fruit every time They should be washed and cleaned. For fruits with peels, such as oranges and pears, soak them in water first, then rinse with running water and use your hands to rub the peels at the same time.
- Thin-skinned fruits, such as grapes, should be washed under running water first. Then soak the whole bunch in clean water without having to cut it into balls. This is because chemicals dissolved in the water may seep into the wound on the terminal or shell.
- Peeling the skin off before eating will reduce the amount of residue. This is very good because most of the residue will stick to the peel of the fruit.
Choosing to buy meat safely during the festival
Mrs. Jongkonnee Wittayarungrueangsri Experts in food planning, Thai Health Promotion Foundation, have specified methods for purchasing meat that are safe for consumers as follows:
- The pork must be bright pink to red. But it must not be very red.
- Fine texture, not rough. The smell must be natural and not rancid.
- When pressing with your fingers, the meat must recover well and not create dents under the pressure.
- You should not buy pork that smells fishy. Strong stench Or there is slimy, dark colored mucus, or pork that is too pale and has water flowing out, indicating that the meat is deteriorated.
- For fresh chicken meat, you must observe that the meat is pinkish in color. There isn’t much red. or not too pale to the point of being white
- The meat must not be flat. The leather is white and yellowish. Firm and not wrinkled
- Make sure the container doesn’t have any liquid coming out, which means the chicken is still fresh.
- Before using pork or chicken to cook, it should be washed thoroughly and cooked 100% before consumption every time. To prevent the risk from various disease-causing microorganisms. that may be contaminated with meat
- You should refrain from consuming undercooked pork.
- It is recommended that you choose to purchase products from a reliable place of sale. Observe the “Livestock OK” logo in both fresh markets and department stores nationwide.
How to consume Stay away from disease during the Chinese New Year festival.
Dr. Pairot Saonuam, Assistant Manager of the Health Promotion Foundation (Thai Health Promotion Foundation) and Acting Director of the Office of Healthy Lifestyle Promotion, Thai Health Promotion Foundation, stated that there are 5 principles to safe food (Five Keys to Safer Food Manual) according to the recommendations of the World Health Organization (WHO), consisting of
- keep clean Must wash hands before consuming food. and before preparing food every time Food preparation areas must be clean, especially tables and cutting boards, to prevent microorganisms that may be introduced.
- Separate cooked food from raw food, especially meat and seafood. Including liquids from meat There may be microbial contamination. Can spread to other foods while cooking or storing food
- Cook food thoroughly at a temperature of 70 degrees Celsius, especially meat, poultry, eggs, and seafood. They must be cooked to the inside. Proper and hygienic cooking will destroy almost all types of harmful microorganisms.
- Keep food at the right temperature. The microorganisms can multiply in a short period of time. at room temperature and will stop growing or increase in number more slowly at temperatures below 5 degrees Celsius and temperatures above 60 degrees Celsius
- Use clean water and safe ingredients for cooking. Choosing ingredients for cooking correctly and following basic hygiene practices will reduce the risk of consuming food contaminants.